Sounds Like a Challenge!
July 23, 2009
So, Yahoo News runs a story on how politicians are incapable of using Twitter without sounding like complete morons.
One of the things the story highlights is this video from the Governator:
So, we are running California like a charity now, huh Arnold? I’m all for you selling state government property to help pay down your state’s tremendous debts; that’s one thing a normal person would do. And you want more suggestions on how to help pay off the mountain of IOUs your state has in hand? Well, let’s see now:
- You can wrestle a bear on Pay-Per-View, with the proceeds going to the state’s budget
- You can sell copies of “Around the World in 80 Days”, signed with the blood of whoever said it would be a good idea to play a woman-groping Mohammadean whilst running for governor.
- You can ask Russ Cargill what to do. I’m sure he has 5 different plans, each more horrible than the last, for you to randomly pick without reading…
- You could sell San Fransisco to George Takei.
- You could gather a bunch of celebrities together to sing a rousing, inspiring song like “We Are the World” or “Springfield Blows”.
- You could put on a tele-thon like in UHF.
Or you could be a man and make massive cuts to the state budget, killing unnecessary programs and use that money to pay off the debt. Just sayin’.