25 Things to Do While I am Still 25
May 28, 2009
So, my 25th birthday was yesterday. And my life is not exactly where I pictured it to be even when I was 20. Some expectations have been surpassed (I figured I would have committed suicide by police by now as a kid); some have been stamped “epic fail” (decent career and whatnot).
I have not exactly completed the goals I have already set for myself since starting this blog either. But, then again, I might have been thinking too big.
So, I have come up with 25 things I think I can do to improve my lot by the time my 26th birthday rolls around. Some are inane, some are practical, all are obtainable (as far as I know). This will be getting tjhe Operation treatment soon enough. So, God willing, I want to get the following done while I am still 25:
- Have my student loans paid off
- Start a retirement fund
- Start a medical savings account
- Get career started
- Get off parents auto insurance
- Complete Operation: Yearly Rejection 2009
- Complete Operation: Yearly Rejection 2010 (assuming it is necessary)
- Try Speed Dating at least once
- Have a First Date
Non-Romantic Social Goals
- Get good enough on the banjo to play with the church band
- Restart going to a church homegroup
- Get elected to be a delegate to the State Republican Convention
- Get involved in a political/service organization
- Join a gun club so I do not have to pay ridiculous range fees to go shoot.
- Visit parents in Sunray, Texas.
- Lose that 50 pounds the Army told me to
- Get an actual bed (instead of the mattress on the floor I currently use)
- Get some kind of meat-grilling device
- Get a couch
- Get a Nintendo controller belt buckle
- Get proficient with my pistol
- Get a conceal-carry license
- Go camping at Enchanted Rock
- Go to a Dallas Desperados game
- Get my Master’s Degree diploma (I earned my Master’s, but I never got the piece of paper)